The world we live in is always expanding and modifying how it operates on a day-to-day basis, which requires us to adapt to the way things are progressing. The same can be said about music, specifically learning how to play our favourite instruments.
A treasured instrument that is loved by many music enthusiasts is the ever-expanding drum set. The mastering of this incredibly fun instrument takes time. You have to learn every bit of this instrument, from snares and tom drums to the cymbals, and eventually increase beyond a four or five-piece drum set. That is where lessons come in, and luckily, we now have the option of taking lessons from the comfort of our own home while being connected to a variety of instructors online.
For some, you may want to begin your drum education, but this may not be an appealing option to you. Perhaps you are not tech-savvy, or maybe you just learn better by being with one teacher. You may wonder, are online drum lessons a good alternative to visiting a teacher? What are the perks if you plan to learn how to play the drums through online lessons, rather than private lessons? Here are the advantages any students can benefit from if you are interested in online drum lessons:
- You will not have to worry about the commute to a drum teacher studio or home, as you would if you were in person.
- No stress over being late for a lesson.
- Weather conditions will not be a factor in deciding if you have to cancel a music lesson.
- Being at home may be a more comfortable and convenient environment for you to learn drums, as you can go at your own pace. Whether it is a few months, or a few weeks, you will notice a difference.
- You’ll have more time for practice and warming up before and after lessons. This way, you will not be rusty before a lesson, and you will have more time to go over what you have learned.
- You can always record a lesson; this way, you can go back and give yourself a refresher which is helpful as a student.
- Your stress free drum lessons can be watched as videos on whatever device works for you.
- Teaching may come through clearer when you are able to view it online. Not everyone can learn as well on the spot.
- Sheet music is easily accessible online which may prove beneficial for you. You can take the sheet music in printed form, or have it directly on any device.
- Not everyone gets a feel for it right away. Due to how lessons can be filmed or displayed, you may get a closer look in videos, such as how drummers hold their drumsticks while playing and an overall better sense of hand placement.
- Online lessons are less expensive and more affordable than private lessons.
- In person lessons may require more money due to whether the drum teacher would have to meet you or consider the charge for a studio space.
- There are many teachers out there that will have different rates for you to choose from.
- If you are planning on taking lessons, you will either already have a drum kit or anticipate purchasing one. Owning your drum kit will assist in the learning process quite a bit; however, there are many options you can take into a cost-effective mindset.
- You can always rent drums or invest in an electronic set that has the option of plugging in a headset, minimizing any noise in consideration for your neighbours or loved ones.
- You will be able to make your lessons work around your schedule. Many other students will most likely do the same, which can open up more opportunities.
- Private lessons may not be as flexible as they can be when you are practicing social distancing.
- The teaching process can be shorter or longer due to not having to worry about whether or not another student is outside waiting for their turn.
- If you have to miss a lesson, rescheduling availability may be easier with online lessons.
- Due to the state of the world, you will be keeping yourself, your instructor, and any other students and drummers safe by staying home and avoiding group lessons.
- Classes can be a lot harder when you are distanced or wearing a mask in person.
- No germs or viruses can be spread on the drums or with the teacher, like you would if you had to sit across from them.
- You may have your drum teacher look over and listen to what you have been working on by recording yourself.
- Your teacher can watch your recordings, see what you are doing, improve anything you might be doing incorrectly, and give you positive feedback.
- The rate at which you can receive and answer questions can be done promptly online.
- According to Music House, drum teachers may be able to give you tips and recommendations on techniques and other experienced drummers and drumming techniques to look up online.
It is very fun to take on a new hobby, especially when you want to learn drums, and there are clearly plenty of advantages to be had by taking online drum lessons. If you are passionate and motivated by drumming and want to get a start on the learning experience, sign up and start seeing progress. With the way we are excelling with technology, there is virtually nothing that can stand in your way to becoming an experienced drummer and getting a good drum education.